Monday 23 July 2012

METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART --- NEW-YORK


During a recent voyage to New York Ciiy, I had the occasion to go and draw at the  Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I drew only statues in the European sculptures hall.   As I was planning to come back to the museum the following day, I wanted to draw the Greek and Roman statues on this second visit.  But… I have not been able to come back to the Museum.
These were moments of intense pleasure.   But when I was starting to draw Hugolino,  one of the supervisors ordered me to bring the chair back to its place.  I was somewhat annoyed!   I had to  finish the drawing standing.   Fortunately all the others were done while sitting comfortably.  As usual, I added watercolour to the drawings in the evening.    They are all done with pen and permanent ink.   The last two drawings were done in a previous visit.